Already have a Username/Password for Sociobiology?
Go to Login
Need a Username/Password?
Go to Registration
Registration and login are required to submit items online and to check the status of current submissions.
Submission Preparation Checklist
As part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- The submission has not been published, nor is it before another journal for consideration (or an explanation has been provided on Comments to the Editor).
- The file is in Microsoft Word, LibreOffice or RTF document file format.
- URLs and/or DOI numbers for the cited references are provided in the "References" section whenever possible. THE ABSENCE OF DOIs CAN RESULT IN IMMEDIATE REJECTION OF SUBMISSION.
- Tables and pictures are inserted at the end of the Microsoft Word, LibreOffice or RTF file. Furthermore, pictures for definitive editing are prepared in separate .jpg or .gif files with at least 300 dpi resolution.
- All in-tex citations have their corresponding references listed in the reference section. References are in accordance with Author's Guidelines. REFERENCES OUT OF REQUIRED FORMAT CAN RESULT IN IMMEDIATE REJECTION OF SUBMISSIONS.
- You have put together a list of four potential referees (with a PhD or Doctor of Science degree) that you will inform in the text box "Comments to the Editor". In the list you have the complete name, Institutional Afiliation, Country, e-mail address and three key words that best decribe the area of expertise of each potential referee. At least two referees must be from countries different from the author's country of origin.
Sociobiology is an open access journal which means that all content is freely available without charge to the user or his/her institution. Users are allowed to read, download, copy, distribute, print, search, or link to the full texts of the articles in this journal without asking prior permission from the publisher or the author. This is in accordance with the BOAI definition of open access.
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).
Names and adresses informed in this journal will be used solely for the purpose of managing submissions, and will not be available to third parties.